- Build your own Children's Safe play Area with this Do it Yourself Kit.
- Black 6mm Rubber Crumb & Colourful EPDM 1-4mm top Wear Layer System.
Included in the Pack:
- 200 KG of 6mm Rubber Crumb. (8 Bags)
- 50 Kgs of 1-4mm EPDM Coloured 1-4mm Granules ( top 15mm Layer)
- 2 Kegs Of PU Resin Binder ( Glue )
- Rubber Crumb should be mixed at a ratio of 20% Resin to Rubber Crumb.
- Example: 25KG bag of rubber mixed with 5KG of Resin.
- The mixed Rubber and Resin compound should be laid onto a suitable base such as existing Concrete, Stone, or preferably MOT Type one (125MM Baselayer advisable). With good drainage!
- A Geotextile weed membrane should be placed on top to prevent weed growth but allow drainage.
- Mix the 6mm Rubber Crumb with the Resin Binder supplied at a ratio of 25kgs Rubber to 5kgs Resin in a clean cement mixer or large bucket, mix until the resin has evenly coated the rubber.
- Pour the wet mix onto the prepared surface and smooth off with a Lubricanted (soapy Water) trowel to create an even layer and tamp down with your trowel at a depth of 40mm
- Once dried you can now lay the 1-4mm EPDM Coloured wear layer over the SBR Shock pad using the same technique, The EPDM Coloured surface should be laid at 10mm deep.
- This can also then be troweled out and tampered down to create a smooth finish.
- Trowel Lubricant should be used to make the process easier and reduce rubber sticking to the Trowel.
- A 50mm Deep rubber surface will give you a critical fall height of 1.5M if you have play equipment that is higher than this you will require a deeper surface. ( please contact us for guidance)
- You must ensure there is good drainage of your base before laying to prevent flooding.
- We do not recommend laying this surface directly onto soil or grass.
- Do not lay in damp or cold conditions (5 degrees Celcius minimum temp)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.