For best results follow the instructions below to ensure maximum performance in all environments.
- Ensure the material is kept in dry, warm conditions in the original protective packaging.
- A clean, dry, and smooth surface are essential. If you are applying to a Chequer Plate or other profiled or uneven surface, please use our SS#400 Conformable antislip tape. Use an IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) cleaner to remove all surface contaminants (paint flakes, etc) – DO NOT use methylated spirits/petrol / lighter fluid, etc as these leave behind a thin, greasy residue. Ensure prepared surface is above 10°C. Apply a small amount of the IPA Cleaner to the surface using single sweeps. Do not re-wipe over the area that has been cleaned with the dirty cloth.
Porous Surface Sealing
- Porous surfaces must be sealed prior to application to prevent water from attacking the adhesive. We supply a specific Primer for this job which can be added to your shopping cart during checkout. Apply a thin coat to the thoroughly cleaned surface using a paintbrush, then leave to dry. In normal conditions, drying should take less than 30 minutes.
- Cut tape to the required dimensions. Peel back part of the release liner then press the adhesive firmly onto the prepared surface, and slowly keep peeling back the liner while applying the tape. Try to ensure that the tape is not taut. Our Conformable Anti Slip Tape is designed for Chequer Plate and other profiled or uneven surfaces and can be gently firmed into position using a rubber mallet to help the tape fit into the contours of the surface.
- Once applied, press tape down firmly using even pressure (decorating rollers are excellent for this). We recommend sealing the edges using ‘edge fix’ as this will extend the life of the product. Only apply a very small bead down the edges after the tape has been applied. If correctly applied, the new anti-slip surface can be walked on straight away, though you will get the maximum benefit from the adhesive system after 48 hours.
Benefits Of Our SS#100 Anti Slip Tape
- Immediately reduces the risk of slip accidents
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Use in most standard areas needing extra grip
- Cost-Effective Solution
- Easily Cut To Size With Either Scissors Or A Knife
- Self-Adhesive Making It Easy & Quick To Apply
- Excellent Quality Being Manufactured In The UK
- Quality Guaranteed
- Helps You Meet DDA Regulations & Duty Of Care
- Very Durable