- For best results follow the instructions below to ensure maximum performance in all environments.
- Ensure the material is kept in dry, warm conditions in the original protective packaging.
- A clean, dry, and smooth surface are essential.
- If you are applying to a Chequer Plate or other profiled or uneven surface, please use our SS#400 Conformable antislip tape.
- Use an IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) cleaner to remove all surface contaminants (paint flakes, etc) – DO NOT use methylated spirits/petrol / lighter fluid, etc as these leave behind a thin, greasy residue.
- Ensure prepared surface is above 10°C.
- Apply a small amount of the IPA Cleaner to the surface using single sweeps.
- Do not re-wipe over the area that has been cleaned with the dirty cloth.
Porous Surface Sealing
- Porous surfaces must be sealed prior to application to prevent water from attacking the adhesive.
- We supply a specific Primer for this job which can be added to your shopping cart during checkout.
- Apply a thin coat to the thoroughly cleaned surface using a paintbrush, then leave to dry.
- In normal conditions, drying should take less than 30 minutes.
- Cut tape to the required dimensions.
- Peel back part of the release liner then press the adhesive firmly onto the prepared surface, and slowly keep peeling back the liner while applying the tape.
- Try to ensure that the tape is not taut.
- Our Conformable Anti Slip Tape is designed for Chequer Plate and other profiled or uneven surfaces and can be gently firmed into position using a rubber mallet to help the tape fit into the contours of the surface.
- Once applied, press tape down firmly using even pressure (decorating rollers are excellent for this).
- We recommend sealing the edges using ‘edge fix’ as this will extend the life of the product.
- Only apply a very small bead down the edges after the tape has been applied. If correctly applied, the new anti-slip surface can be walked on straight away, though you will get the maximum benefit from the adhesive system after 48 hours.
Self Adhesive Hand Rail Tape
- Our slip-resistant (warm touch) self-adhesive tape is ideal for covering existing handrails that do not comply with the UK Building Regulations Act 2000 (part M1 & M2).
- Easy to cut and apply, our handrail tape offers an ideal and more importantly cost effective slip solution.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.